On the drive up, our front left tire separated from the tread. While we were waiting to get that fixed, our air conditioning went out.We got a speeding ticket in the middle of nowhere in Indiana. I was in the back sleeping and heard Livy and Rosy start screaming because they didn't have their seat beats on at that moment. I thought we had been in an accident when I saw the flashing lights....no, it hadn't been an accident. :D
We were in both Cincinnati and St. Louis b/c Dad had business there. His work project was delayed, so we had to stay 2 weeks. There was 7 of us in one hotel room...that whole time. :o)
But, it wasn't all that bad...We were in very good hands!
We were able to get a new tire and tread for only $30 in 1 hour. And it lasted the whole way home! Right when we noticed that something was wrong with our tire, Dad saw a sign off the interstate that said, "Tires." Perfect timing! So, we got to hang out at one of those rough-n-tough tire places. It had bright red walls--glad that we didn't choose this shade for anywhere in our house. :) 

We were strongly reminded what a blessing it is when you DO have refreshing air in the van.
The police visit turned out okay..no one had to go to jail, which was Tommy's greatest fear. :)

Since we were in Cincinnati, we were able to visit the Creation Museum. If you haven't been there, I would highly recommend it! It is well done, well presented, and everyone -- no matter who you are or how many times you've been there -- takes something home with them to think about and challenge them.
After being in Cincinnati for the first week, we went to Leo, Indiana, for our Church's Annual Children's Home Auction. On Sunday we headed over to Illinois to visit family and then on Monday we went to St. Louis....
In St. Louis, we went to the free "Art Museum." (Typical Art Museum, nothing special, but it gave us something to do one afternoon...) 

We also went to Grant's farm. Tommy and Rosy got to bottle feed goats there. Haha! It was sooo cute! 

The last night we were in St. Louis, we walked around the downtown parks....got to see where Lewis and Clark walked and all that good stuff. :) This city has got sooo many beautiful places, so I took tons of family pictures...you'll be seeing those as soon as I get 'em edited. :D
On Thursday, we went to Tremont, Illinois, for our church's annual conference. While Dad went to the conference, we hung out with some friends that used to go to our church here in the south, but have since moved up north. It was great to see them again!
We were in Illinois until Friday, and then headed back to St. Louis after spending the evening with our Uncle. We weren't planning on going back to St. Louis, but we did, making it a 12 day trip...We arrived home around 1:00 am last night.
Once again, I took tons of pictures...and I'm just slowing sorting through them, so I post them eventually. Until then-- much love, nikki :)
2 comments:
It looks like it was cool!
i can't wait to see the pictures!
Allison
Fun stuff!!!!!
Cassidy :)
Post a Comment