Monday, December 20, 2010

Autumn...a tiny bit late.

It is just 5 days before Christmas, so fall is long gone. Even for us, who have very long autumns...But, I never got a chance to blog about it, so for right now, it is still fall. :)


This tree sits outside my bedroom window. In the spring it is green, summer it is hot pink, in the fall it is orange & red and right now, it is brown with these little balls all over it. I love the reminder it sings every morning of what season is blooming outside.


---

Rosy is soo creative. Especially over the past few months, she has spent hours in the sewing closet sewing all types of things. She has been using fake flowers to make flowers to wear in her hair. They are interchangeable with her favorite headbands. She makes flowers out of scrap fabric as well.We are getting close to having a flower in every shade of color. She has made lots of Webkinz clothes as well. They are so adorable!

This fall, Livy got braces! She is the third family member to enter this stage of life, and is dealing with it quite well. :)
She also has taken up the guitar...she is very musical.



One of my very favorite things about this past fall, was the "nature walks" we went on. Tommy just absolutely loved them. I love this yellow meadow close to our house... perfect backdrop for picnics and pictures.

One day, just Tommy and I went out. He helped me with my science, then we went leaf hunting. He wore his favorite pair of pants. :)

we stood amazed at creation.

The leaves were utterly amazing this year! Even more than last year, I think...We had a wonderful Thanksgiving...my favorite thanksgiving thought this year was:

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” -- W. T. Purkiser

I like to sit on my blessings. I like to thank God for my blessings. I like to thank Him that I have more to be thankful for than other people. But, what do I ever DO with those blessings? almost nothing. When we make a list of our blessings, shouldn't be make another list along side that one which includes "What we can do with these blessings." Or maybe "What we MUST do with these blessings."

Something tells me that, in the end, when we bless others, we will feel blessed.

No comments: