Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dark Chocolate Eyes ~

I remember that day. I was 4 years old. My 5th birthday was 1 month and 1 day away.




We were at the neighbor lady's house. "Okay" she said, "we are having a vote!" As she placed a giant candy bar on her kitchen counter she added, "And whoever wins gets THIS."




This was exciting. All three of our little mouths were watering like garden hoses. We placed our votes:

"Boy"


"Boy"

"Guwl" (girl - from the lips of a 2 year old.)


After the vote, came the waiting. Finally, the telephone rang! It was my daddy. We had a new sister!! I was so thrilled!! Our baby was here. I wanted to hold her, and touch her and see the inside of the hospital room and see my mommy & daddy again. Mom had explained it all to me beforehand; when the baby was about to arrive, we would go to the neighbors. Grandpa & Grandma would come down later that day to pick us up from the neighbors. Then, Daddy would come get us and Grandpa & Grandma, and we would get to go to the hospital and meet our new baby.


Ricky & I sat there and watched Livy enjoy her candy bar. :)


Before long, Grandpa & Grandma picked us up. Later that night, Daddy came home. Finally, time to see our baby!! I ran up to Daddy & asked when we could go to the hospital. He said that he did not think we were going to be able to go that day. I was crushed.


The next day came, and Daddy went back to the hospital without us three little ones. Grandpa & Grandma got to go visit our baby too. That night, Mommy came home without our baby. I remember running up to her, crying, "Why can't I go see the baby, too?" She started crying as well...


"Sweetie, I am not sure why things have to be this way, but our baby is feeling sick, so she needs to stay at the hospital. She is in a special room that only grown-ups can go in. We will bring her home as soon as we can!"


Livy, Ricky & I colored pictures for our baby . Mommy and Daddy hung them on her special bed in that special room.


I remember how long that waiting seemed to last. Our baby was worth the wait. She came home wrapped in a pink blanket. Her hair was almost black and going crazy all over the place! Her eyes were the color of dark chocolate.


She is so precious ~

{2 months after the day we met our baby. We were very proud.}


---

Today, our baby is a young lady. Our sweet, sweet, Rosy --





















Rosy is so creative. She makes these adorable headbands & fabric flowers. Her baking skills are wonderful. Over the last year, she has grown so much in regards to making friends & being kind to others. Her fashion sense is so unique. So cute. However, she will be the one to do the dirty work if it needs done. She is such a dear friend to me. My sisters are the dearest friends anyone could want. Now, mind you, it has not always been that way. When we were about ages 8, 6, & 4, we fought like cats & dogs. We simply could not stand one another.


I have no idea when things changed. Looking back, I think that as we got older, the Lord drew our family into experiences which opened our eyes to the gift we have in one another. Crazy as it may sound, we have sleepovers mutiple times a week; just the 3 of us. (sometimes we talk mom into joining us. :D)


I am so thankful that God allowed me to be one of Rosy's sisters. That she was sent to our family. She was worth the wait. :)



---

Our Rosy has a Valentine's birthday. Well, not exactly, but it is close enough to almost always get mushed in with all the decorations, cards & hearts. This year, she asked me if we could do a Valentine's photoshoot. I thought it was a fabulous idea.

Rosy gathered all the red & pink things she could find in our home, we got all dressed up in various valentine's clothes, and found a spot at the edge of our woods. Tommy did not want to be involved at first, but he loves being with his sister too much to resist. :) He is such a sweetheart!



So, we set the 10 sec. timer on my camera and scrambled to our places.Mom came out to join us for a few minutes ~





Oh, what fun. There is talk of doing a photoshoot for St. Patricks & 4th of July & every other holiday...so, we shall see. :) It was such a fun way to make memories on a non-school-off holiday!




---
And introducing: my little toothless Tommy. Lost both front teeth within 4 hours.

---

No comments: