---
Quite a few months before our trip, Wal-mart had an entire bin full of fabric for $1 - $5 dollars a bolt. We pulled out the cutest fabrics and thought they just looked like they were made for little girl sundresses. :) As our trip to Jamaica took form, we thought of the orphanage we visited last year full of beautiful little girls. It was not hard to put 2 & 2 together. :) The 3 of us girls had such fun pouring over these little dresses, adding fun details & praying for the precious girls to whom they would soon belong.
---
It was so wonderful to have the opportunity to visit the children at the orphanage again. I was so excited to see that the little girl I had really loved last time had been adopted. Praise the Lord! I wanted to bring all of them home... how thrilling it was to hear that almost half of the 30 children who live at the orphanage are in the process of adoption! 


We put lotion on the residents hands & sometimes feet. I was once again overwhelmed with the fact that God is among the lowly. Maybe it is because He is all they have...

---
We went to the Infirmary. It is a Jamaican nursing home. A thousand hillside mansions slowly age...
We have built cathedrals wrought with stain glass and with gold,
but inside them we feel cold and far away.
I've been searching high, searching high to find you, I have been so wrong.
I should have known to look among the lowly.
I see your holy presence ever near the last and least.
Your touch brings peace and hope.
I should have known to look among the lowly.
You choose to abide close beside the little child
who has learned to ignore these hunger pains.
You have made your home with the widow who groans,
at the loss of another child to aids.
I have been searching high, searching high to find you, I have been so wrong.
I should have known to look among the lowly.
The poor and needy.
I see your holy presence ever near the last and least.
Your touch brings peace and hope.
I should have known to look among the lowly.
(James Tealy.)

No comments:
Post a Comment