Thursday, March 6, 2014

Low angle raindrops!

---
"Are we willing to lose sleep, food, productivity, social status, and “down time” in order to make time with God the highest priority of our life? Do we have a spiritual determination that says, “No obstacle will keep me from my King – even if I must go to the rooftop and break through the house tiles to get to Him, just as the lame man’s friends did in order to get to Jesus?” (See Mark 2:4). Or do we make half-hearted attempts to spend time in prayer, and when distractions arise say, “Oh well, at least I tried”? I have realized afresh that I must allow nothing to become an excuse to keep me from Him.

Whenever I catch myself saying, “Well, I didn’t get much sleep last night and I have too much to get done this morning to spend time in prayer,” that’s when I know that my spiritual determination has weakened, that I’ve allowed the cares of this world to creep in and keep me from my King. May we never be content with a paltry, half-hearted spiritual life or say, “Once I’m done with this extra-busy season, I’ll get back to true prayer.” Rather, let us doggedly, determinedly remove any and every obstacle that keeps us from coming to Him daily, spending hours in His presence, and receiving everything we need for life and godliness!"

- Leslie Ludy