The first night that we were together, we had a little picnic in our hotel room. This is a sort of tradition that we started last October when we stayed in a little houseboat in Savannah - just us girls.
We discovered the cutest little cafe for lunch on Saturday called "Wildflour." We smiled and reminisced the day that we made plans to open our own bakery/coffee shop with the same name.
Much of our weekend was spent in antique stores and thrift shops, looking for those occasional diamonds in the rough.
Some things never change and greet you with the soft warmth of familiarity. Some things change seemingly without your permission, in the places you thought safest from the grasp of reality. I guess this is what maturing is - learning to accept both with equal grace. I guess this is what it means to grow older.
Thanks for a refreshing weekend of togetherness, girls. I love you each.


No comments:
Post a Comment