Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Squirrels,space heaters, and doorknobs!

We got our knobs/locks in! They are just temporary ones, but Mom likes them so much that she thinks that she might keep them. It is also more comforting now that our "holes" are locked in. And when some of our wonderful friends found out that we weren't turning our heat on, they brought over space heaters!!! Thank you so much for your kindness and thoughtfulness! It is so nice to not have to wear heavy jackets around the house.
Yesterday as I was finishing school, Dad came in and asked me to check the pool skimmer. It is normally my job, but he rarely has to remind me, so I thought that it might be very full of leaves or something. I pounced out the door and around the house, lost in thought. When I reached the pool, I saw right off that the skimmer lid was open, and realized that I must have left it off. Embarrassed, I reached in to pull out the skimmer basket, but half way into the skimmer, I screamed and pulled my hand out. Yes, there was a dead squirrel caught in the skimmer. I looked up and saw Dad grinning and now knew why he wanted me to check the skimmer so bad. He had gone out to check it a few minutes before, but when he saw the squirrel in there, he instantly thought that it would be a great "joke" on me. Haha, very funny Dad!!! But of course, being the hero that he is, he took care of the squirrel for me. I did take an extra look today, before I cleaned out the skimmer, just to be sure.

No comments: