

Aren't they beautiful? I am so blessed to have these beautiful gals as friends! Everyone was making fun of us for picking these flowers, but they sure were fun to take pictures with... Ah, it was such a fun day!!!



For those of you wondering about the house, we are still painting! Presently, polka-dots are being added to Livy's bedroom upstairs (yes, I will be sure to post pictures on that when it is done. I don't think you will be disappointed!) Dad is working on painting the red room, and so we are nearing the end. We have been doing alot of little things recently. (Decorating, painting, finishing up just lots of little stuff)
The counter top problems have been resolved and we will (Lord willing) not be moving out of our house again. Sometimes when I look back over how far we have come, I am just overwhelmed. Things that we always take for granted are so special to us now. About a year ago, we started seriously considering beginning this remodel job. We all knew that it would be a huge undertaking since we would be doing it while we are living here, during our school year and everything else we are involved in. Excited, we plugged into demolishen. It was so fun at first. Then along came the days without water. The month without a
kitchen sink. Hours of sanding the walls. Days spent mudding the woodwork. Needless to say, if we knew all the time we would spend doing the things we have done in our house, we probably wouldn't have been so quick to say, "Yes, of course, let's remodel!" Although, remodeling has taught us that happiness isn't jumping out of bed every morning onto nice carpeted floors or eating Christmas dinner with anything more than candle light. It has definitely been a great adventure. (Trust me, there are still days when we all just want to be done), but thankfully now that we have a kitchen (with cabients & a sink!!!) and working bathrooms, things don't seem to be that hard anymore.
Anyway, we want to thank all our dear friends who have put up with our frustrations... (Sorry we always un-load our house frustrations on you!) We don't know what we would do without you all. Some day soon our house will be done and we will have you all over ~
The school year is coming to a close for us (cheers!!!) and we are looking forward to summer. We really haven't been able to do as much on the house as we would have liked too due to all the school year things that end in May.Our choir play was Tuesday night, so the only big thing left is camp this summer for me and Ricky. (He wants you all to know that he did NOT pick that name! :o)


Thanks for reading~ Hope everyone has a great memorial day weekend! See you in a month~ (just kidding, I really will try to up-date before then...Once those polka-dots are done, I'm sure that you'll be hearing from us!) God Bless!
Love, Nikki
4 comments:
Elise,
I just love the pictures. Can you send them to me? I'll try to e-mail the pic i took.
Lydia
i loved the pic's!
love Miranda
Glad that you liked them! I can email them to you, but if you right click on the mouse, and then click "save picture as" it will bring up your picture folder and you can just save them into your pictures from there... (if this doesn't work on your computer, I can email them to you, too).
Hope you both are having a fun memorial day weekend!
Love, Elise
Looks like you had a nice time!
~Allison~
Post a Comment