"Your swimsuit."
"No, I meant in regards to school."
"Hon, take a vacation. Bring your swimsuit!"
Yes, I actually had to be told to leave my school at home. Why? Do I love school? Do I pick to do school when there are millions of other things I could do? Absolutely not. In fact, quite the opposite. :) I guess that I felt like I needed to have school along - I needed to stay busy...I love to feel like I am getting something done.
However, this trip I left all my schoolwork at home & I realized that it really is very important to just relax at times. To veg. To be still.
{Psalms 46: 10}
Tommy loved the beach so much this year. He was always the first one to wake up us girls and remind us that "We all have to get up before we can go to the beach...so get up!!" He got some "snorkeling gear" & enjoyed hours of shell hunting... 
We came home with tons of treasures...this seemed to be the year for pieces of sand dollars.We hunted for alot of little sand crabs, but got to see some water crabs (most of them dead) as well.
---
p.s. sorry that it has been so long since I have blogged! Blogging becomes a "meaningless thing" next to everything else sometimes. :) I do have so much I would love to share though - a trip to the aquarium, a corn maze/hayride, a reunion with Daddy's college friends, and a visit with some friends down south...it has been a very busy last few months, full of wonderful memories and many lessons learned!
-Nikki
No comments:
Post a Comment