Saturday, November 13, 2010

A month of weekends.

In mid-October, we went to farm with some friends, where we enjoyed a corn maze/(hay-less) hay ride/ bonfire for the evening... It is definitely feels like fall here, and we are so excited about the up-coming holidays! Since I have not really blogged in awhile, this is kind of an all-in-one post featuring some of the various events from the past few weeks. :)

















---
For the last few years, the five men my dad lived with in college have gotten together for a long weekend... We were so excited to get to host the reunion at our house this year! Four of the five men are married, and when all of us are together there are about 18 kids. All ten girls slept in the same room ~ it was quite the sleepover!
Sweet (twin) girls ~ On one of the days, we hiked a nearby stone mountain. At the top, the sun set such a mystifying atmosphere...

That weekend was over much too quick. We were so blessed by the sweet friendships between all our families...

---
On our way to the beach, we spent some time with our friends who live between our home and the ocean. I thought we had already, in past times, reached the max of the amount of pictures we could take together in such a short time, but I was wrong! :) There were so many neat picture-perfect places very close to their home! We went to an old red barn which sat among fields of cotton, and drove down a dirt road. We also stopped at a little white dream house, and found an enchanting meadow sprinkled with trees. :) I wish I could post every single picture - most of them have so much story behind them. I probably would have posted them all too, if blogger did not take so long to up-load pictures!
The four of us girls decided to sleep outside in a tent. I'm not sure how cold it really was, but it felt like it was 20 degrees. Well, maybe not quite. :) We wrapped up in blankets and snacked on fudge cookies as we talked for hours. It was so wonderful! I will forever treasure our conversation. We awoke to the dew dropping on our faces. :) ---
The weekend of October 30th & 31st, Ricky and I were baptized. It was the most beautiful weekend of my life. As family and friends that we have met over the years poured in, we were so overwhelmed by their love and support. At one point, I just started crying tears of joy, because I so thankful for our friends and the way God has brought each of them into our life.

In our church, we have a very special time the Saturday night before baptisms. All the members gather, and those who will be baptized the next day share their salvation story of how God brought them to the cross. It was such a special time. I am so thankful for the understanding heart of all those who listened, through my many tears, and supported us.

Saturday morning, we went to a local park with my uncle & aunt, and their five children. It was such a beautiful park ~ the warm colors of the leaves were a great accent to the rushing water. Mom's brother, (my uncle) was also here! {The littlest cousin, who happens to be Tommy's look-a-like. :)}

Sunday was such a glorious day. I closely treasure the kind words and challenges I received from so many dear people in my life. I am amazed at what God has given me. I am overwhelmed by love. As I stood in the waters of baptism, and vowed to be faithful to my Creator until death, the Spirit of God was so strong.
---

No comments: