In June, at an extended family reunion, my precious little cousin gathered shells along the lake side. She proudly displayed their beauty as she held them in her cupped hand for me to take a picture. They were little evidences of God's love & handiwork.
God's love & handiwork has covered this summer. A few little treasures from earlier this summer -
---
Thinking back, it really turned out to be a miracle! My bosom friend, Kay, & I were able to travel up to the girl's camp & the week following the girl's camp, the doors unexpectedly opened for us to visit HIS Ranch (www.hisranch.org) which has an incredible ministry for sharing the Love of Jesus with children.
---
At HIS Ranch, we stayed in the "bunk house". I love getting to know the staff. During our time there, we were able to help landscape, bale straw (I have never felt more like a city girl in my life! -smile - and yet it was not all that bad. :D) & help with the horse chores. There was a work team there at the same time, and it was great to work alongside of them! 



---
The following week, my family drove up north & picked us up. We headed to our annual family reunion w/ my dad's side of the family: We had a wonderful time! We stayed in cabin-type housing alongside of a lake. One day, we rented a boat which was a blast!
So many precious little cousins ~

I am not a horse person. Yet, I fell in love with the ministry of the ranch.
At HIS Ranch, they give horse lessons to children who may not normally ever have the chance to ride. Many are handicap, however some appear to be normal kids. One day, a group of young children came. I was so amazed when the ranch staff asked us to help & trusted me with leading a horse while the children rode.
My heart melted when a little boy asked me, "Are you a cowgirl?" He was so precious!
Who would have guessed that Kay & I, two girls who have never thought twice about horses, would spend a week at a horse ranch and love every minute of it? Definitely a work of His spirit! I am so thankful for the patience of the staff & their willingness to allow Kay & I to have front row seats to God's working on the Ranch.
It was hard to leave the ranch and all those who live there & yet so wonderful to be reunited with our families. How I missed them seeing & experiencing all that God unfolded in our trip! I am so blessed that God has placed Kay in my life.
{How great the Father's love for us, how rich beyond all measure! That He would give His only Son, to make a wretch His treasure. }
---
The following week, my family drove up north & picked us up. We headed to our annual family reunion w/ my dad's side of the family: We had a wonderful time! We stayed in cabin-type housing alongside of a lake. One day, we rented a boat which was a blast!
So many precious little cousins ~
No comments:
Post a Comment