Saturday, March 10, 2012

Under March Sunshine!






(On Thursday ~)
----
After a chicken noodle lunch, we decided to play baseball for a few minutes. This little brother of mine has a vision of a baseball game tonight. When Dad's plane arrives home, there will be tickets, and a concession stand and two teams of two players.
But, for now, there is an afternoon of school. The front porch just seemed to be inviting us to come out to study. So, with baseball mitts & bats on the lawn, we sit to study.
Birds sing in this March sunshine. I find how hard it is to study in all this beauty!
The wind plays with the pages of our textbooks. And it rocks these chairs. And blows through our hair, leaving everything all fresh!
"There is something about this weather that makes me want to get my swimsuit on!"
"Let's listen to some music. We added a few new songs to our song list!"
"Are my pupils tiny? They feel funny after staring at such a white page under that bright sunlight!"
He goes to adjust the baseball bases & we smile to each other knowing that his thoughts are consumed with this upcoming baseball game for Dad ~ In his excitement, I see the same passion I remember in all the plays my sister & I planned & performed for Dad & Mom when we were little.
They work on story maps... "Do you want to hear the names of my characters?"
A hint of wasp & hornet killer spray dances around my nose. My brave younger brother did away with one just miutes before.
"Oh, no - a wasp!"
"That would be the 7th today."
We snack on crunchy crackers & soft cookies. We talk about how clean her shoes look, favorite songs, story plots, and the story of an old women who we want to be like someday. Knowingly, Mom smiles at us & questions, "Are you girls getting ANY school done?"
One by one, the subjects finish. For a few minutes they play baseball & I call that I will play "as soon as math is finished." After the baseball practice ends, I am rocking in this chair still studying the concept of graphing inequalities. A school bus drives by. The wind lifts my hair and makes my teeth feel fresh. The grass sways around baseball bats & mitts & a helmet from a baseball season long ago.
So thankful for the afternoon of March sunshine! I am so glad that I could graph inequalities out under this March sunshine ~ How easy it would have been for me to miss all this beauty by studying inside....
Oh, to see His love in each moment ~ And in pursuing knowledge & studying to never forget the greatest joys in life are in learning to love those dear to my heart & treasuring our moments together!
---
(A favorite quote this past week.)
---
"Every circumstance in life, no matter how crooked & distorted & ugly it appears to be, if it is reacted to in love & forgiveness & obedience to Your Will can be transformed. Therefore, I begin to think, my Lord, you purposely allow us to be brought into contact with bad & evil things that you want changed. Perhaps that is the very reason why we are here in this world, where sin & sorrow & suffering & evil abound, so that we way let you teach us to react to them, then out of them we can create lovely qualities to live forever. That is the only really satisfactory way of dealing with evil, not simply binding it so that it cannot work harm, but whenever possible overcoming it with good."
(from Hind's Feet in High Places; by Hannah Hurnard.)
---
We are off to play baseball. :)
Have a joy-filled Saturday!

No comments: