---
A favorite quote about being a "missionary" ~ I have heard so many times that we are to be a missionary in our own "backyard." Very slowly I am learning, it is not so much what I do for God, but how I walk with God with a heart open, listening, to His Voice....
"The word "missionary" does not occur in the Bible. But the word "witness" does. I found many passages indicating that I was suppose to be a witness. One in particular arrested me. It stated that to be a witness to God is, above all, to know, believe, and understand Him. (Isaiah 43:10) All that He asks us to do is but means to this end. He will go to any lengths to teach us, & His manipulation of the movements of men - Aucas, missionaries, whomever - is never accidental. Those movements may be incidental to the one thing toward which he goads us: the recognition of Christ." (Elizabeth Elliot; written in the introduction of her book - The Savage, My Kinsman.)