Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tonight, she rode a bike!

Tonight, something very exciting happened in our front driveway.
 
Tonight, she rode her bike without training wheels for the very first time!
 

 She has worked very hard, & struggled, & almost gave up, but tonight, she did it!

Today was a good day.



 Good job, little sweetie!
~
This summer, he has become an expert at making homemade popcyles! We have been enjoying them on warm summer days by the swimming pool!





 (A little friend on the swimming pool deck, Monday afternoon!)
It seems like it has been so long since I have sat here, & written about how our life story is unfolding. I miss the way it makes me stop & think, give thanks for His Goodness, for the special times happening all around!

The words to the song "The Solid Rock" have been touching to me lately. I have known this song as long as I can remember, but the truth of living the words is so deep!

"My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness,
I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus's Name.

"When darkness seems to hide His Face, I rest on His Unchanging Grace.
In every high and stormy gale, my anchor holds within the vale.

"His Yoke, His Covenant, His Blood, support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way, He then is all my Hope and Stay.

"On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."
~
May this summer be a time of purposefully growing in our knowledge of God!
Learning to trust, n