Monday, February 17, 2014

Manhood is on the rise!

Our handsome young brother turned eleven last month. Our mom surprised us all by treating us to doughnuts for breakfast - his favorite! 



 I love watching him go about his days! He is a creative guy - always building something (on minecraft that is! :D) This year, he became an older brother for the very first time, which has been a huge adjustment for him. I see an echo of me and my older brother as I watch my younger brother and sister interact. :) He is rising the to challenge of no longer being the youngest!

 He has also had his first few months of being the only son living at home. He misses his older brother deeply!

We have been babysitting a little one year old boy on weekdays and I have loved watching my young brother play with him and teach him things!

I love watching him be a leader among younger boys - teaching them how to play computer games especially! He is a dreamer when it comes to planning things; he loves to dream about ideas for treehouses and boy's camps.

His name means "friend". It fits him.
 He has dreams of being a missionary pilot - I am so excited to watch God grow him into the man he is created to be! The night before his birthday, we were talking about how fast he was growing up and one of my sisters said, "manhood is on the rise!"  :)




Happy eleventh year to you bud! So thankful for your friendship!


 He is blessed to have some older girls who have become "adopted" big sisters (since they are living in Atlanta for school) that threw him a surprise birthday party! :)
He really loves sour patch kids candy! :) 
 He is blessed and we are blessed to have him in our family!!!