The world is turning, telling me to hurry on.Gotta run to get ahead and try to take the things I want.
But, when the sun begins to set, so many things I haven't done...
Oh, but I won't worry, cause there's no hurry, the world's not passing me by. 'Cause the Lord, He knows just where each day goes, and I know He won't leave me behind.
And I won't be bringing a single thing that my heart can't carry inside.
'Cause I'm going home and I'm only taking my time.
The weight of worry, is never worth the price, of a world of treasure that can never satisfy. But, I know heaven's up above where the best is yet to come!
Oh, but I won't worry, cause there's no hurry, the world's not passing me by. 'Cause the Lord, He knows just where each day goes, and I know He won't leave me behind.
And I won't be bringing a single thing that my heart can't carry inside.
'Cause I'm going home and I'm only taking my time.
---~
Over the last few weeks this has been a favorite song of mine. :)
Everything has been so busy....and before I blink it seems the day is over! School takes longer now than it ever did. But, this song has been a great reminder to me that all these "worldly" things are going up in flames one day. Only those things that I can carry in my heart - memories made, and more importantly my relationship with the Lord - will matter for eternity.
I am a control freak who loves to plan everything out. And then try to control how it goes...and then I get so caught up and do not take the time to really focus on honoring God through those situations.
"When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world." (George Washington Carver)

I can get so easily caught up in things. Silly things like photography and shoes.
Sometimes I ask myself throughout the day, "Are you spending more time in front of the mirror, or in God's word?" Or, whatever I might be caught up in....
I want the Lord to be my delight ~ to be my desire. To be the thristing of my soul & the first thing that I think of when I wake in the morning. I know this is impossible when I am constantly consumed with school & all kinds of other affairs.
Psalm 1 verses 1 & 2 really spoken to me in this area ~ "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his DELIGHT is in the Law of the Lord, and in this law doeth he meditate day and night."

This has been a great challenge for me. To spend less time focusing on "empty" things. There are somethings which are not eternal, yet I have to do them - like school. However, my attitude toward these things can change whether or not they have eternal value. I should choose to serve the Lord through my everyday events - like school.
God is so gracious to me, a sinner.
---
Rosy has been practicing her photography! I was flipping through pictures & saw these that she took the other day. I thought they were awesome! I just had to share ~ {Completely unedited}
Applesauce making day!
We filled close to 40 freezer bags with apples from our friend's apple trees! We were so blessed that they allowed us to help them make applesauce and freeze sliced & diced apples ~ such great memories! 

---



---
---
And lastly, we were so thrilled to be able to have these beautiful children at our house for a few days!



---richest blessings!
-Nikki
No comments:
Post a Comment