Monday, September 13, 2010

"My,my, how the days fly by!"


This week, Livy turned 13!


It was such a fun day ~ she requested a day of "girl's only shopping." And so we made a day of it!


I am so thankful to have such a wonderful sister. She has added so much to the lives of each member of our family! She is our fashion advisor, our piano player, our blonde-haired one, our brainy speller, our social butterfly.




Often, when I try a new outfit she is quick to whisper in my ear that it does NOT go, or it is something she would NOT wear. Sometimes I am so glad she said something and other times I flat out do not agree with her. :) {for example, I love big buttons on sweaters & Livy hates them.} She has always been an outstanding speller as well. Yes, I do ask my little sister how to spell words. (quite regularly.) Always, especially when she was younger, she was the first to make friends and the best at keeping up with friendships.


Far more importantly, over the past few months, I have seen Livy seek Jesus so much more. This past April, she made the most important decision of her life. {to read more in her words, click here.} Around that time, she filled a prayer journal in the space of one month. Since then, she has spent hours with the Lord. I have seen it change her life. She used to worry about so many things that she has now turned over to the Lord.




Her heart is less focused on herself and more on honoring the Lord. A year ago, she would not have done many of the things she does today. I remember us having a conversation last fall and her saying she would NEVER do something, b/c it would embarrass her. This past summer, she did that same thing because she knew it was something Jesus would have done.


Never would she brag about the God-honoring things she does. She knows her reward will not to be found on this earth...




Livy, know that you are always in my prayers. Know that I love you ~ know that I thank God for you daily. Continue to seek Him!! I know He will never leave you alone.




I am so excited to see what God has in store for my beautiful sister!


If you have not visited her blog, I think you would enjoy stopping by. :) {Living for Him}


---


One of us girl's favorite past times is going through our old picture albums. I am so SO glad that our Mom took tons of pictures of us from the time we were born, we have so many memories captured ~ We love to talk about those "stages" we went through. When we see a picture that "feels like yesterday," Livy always likes to throw in the phrase "My, my how the days fly by!" in with her silly "grandmother" voice that only she can do. :)


Here are a few pictures of Livy that I love. ---

Happy Birthday my dear sister! I love you.





Much love,

Your big sis.

No comments: