Sunday, November 13, 2011

An Autumn Day!


We joined some church friends on an excursion to the nearby mountains to breathe in the joys of autumn! Despite the very cold weather, we had a wonderful time. We visited a Pumpkin farm, an apple orchard & a waterfall ~





Enjoying the hayride ~







At the apple orchard, they had so many different kinds of apples. We got a "peck" of "Pink Ladies." We have really enjoyed them! I am not sure if I like the name or the taste better. :)
Hiking the waterfall ~ (we had time to go half-way. :) yet what we saw was lovely! )

---
Fall is such a priceless time of year!
Towards the end of summer, I think that I was dreading fall. Maybe because it was the end of the warmth of summer. Or maybe, because it lead to the closing of a year & the dawning of a new year. Funny how I change my mind; sometimes I am so eager for the future! And at other times, I dread the change & unknown the next years may hold.
Mom has been reading this wonderful book about being thankful. Hearing her talk of it has inspired me to be so thankful for the beauty of each day! Fall is full of beauty...
“What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?”
----
Nikki

No comments: