"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." (John 21:25)
Imagine all the stories! All the people that met Jesus whose stories never were recorded...All the lives that He changed.
I love stories. I love my story.
With thanksgiving in November, I always find myself overflowing with new ideas of how to be thankful in the coming year. I know that this season of thanksgiving ends all to quickly for my easily distracted heart! Yet, this year, I have been thinking more about my story. How He has blessed me & guided my family. It makes my heart so grateful!!

Grateful to be loved. Grateful to be forgiven. Grateful to know that to whom much is given, much will be required.
I love hearing my parent's salvation testimonies. I love hearing about how my parents met. How they were deeply in love & were married. How they lived as newly-weds in Chicago. I love to watch Dad talk about the pranks he would play on Mom. I love to hear them talk about how they loved their friends in Chicago, and how they loved the church. How Ricky & I were born, and how our family of four lived in a duplex.
I love to hear how God directed us down south. How hard it was for my parents to leave their friends and church. How Mom cried in the backseat of our little white car as they drove 12 hours to our new home. How we lived 50 miles away from the only people we knew here. How we drove an hour to church every Sunday and every Wednesday night. How Livy & Rosy were born. How we made friends at MOPS & playgroup. How Dad started working from home.

I remember how people came & went in our lives. All the friends we have met. The years of choir programs & trips, and home school classes. I love to remember our dream of remodeling our home coming true.
I love to remember how God saved me. How He saved Ricky. How He saved Livy. How we were called & had a life-changing journey of repentance.
I love to remember all that He has sent us through this year; Grandpa's death. Our vacations. My summer math classes. Oh, I thought those math classes were going to be the worst thing about my summer. They turned out to be an Ebenezer of God's love in my life.
I stand in awe of God's working. How He is the God of going beyond wildest dreams!
I love to wonder what the next year will hold ~ I love to know that He has blessed me so incredibly much so that I can bless others.
---
When people ask the common question, "how are you?" I do wonder why I answer "great!" When my well-being has nothing to do with me. Where would I be without God's working in the lives of my parents? Of saving them, bringing them together, and guiding them? Where would I be if they had not answered God's call to move? Without God forgiving me & bringing me to the feet of His cross? Without God changing my heart through the experiences of life?
The other day, as I was thinking about all this, I realized that I should be answering, "I am doing grate!" I am grate(ful) for the promises God has given me. I am grate(ful) for the ways He has worked in my life! I am grate(ful) to be alive today - to live forgiven & loved!
I want to live a "grate" life. To remember that my story is His love story to me. Over & again, His love poured out....No wonder He says in His word to give thanks~
Have a "grate" thanksgiving! :)
---
Nikki.
No comments:
Post a Comment