First of all, an up-date on Rosy! We went to the hospital today and Rosy had her drains removed. The preliminary biopsy results are that it was an infection with bacteria from cat scratch fever. Cat scratch fever is from a cat scratch or bite that within a week or two can enlarge lymph nodes. It usually resolves on its own with antibiotic treatment. Rosy was on an antibiotic three weeks ago when it was discovered and it actually got larger and harder during that time, so they were thinking it could be something else. They are still doing more tests and we will have a conclusive report at the end of the week but we are expecting a clear report. She is doing well and still protecting her right arm, but happy to have that big bump (2 ½ inches) gone! Thanks again for the prayers and love shown to us. Praise God! He is faithful! We are rejoicing in the healing power and grace of our Lord Jesus!
We are so happy that the drains are out, but did have quite the fun at the hospital! Mom decided that she would take Livy, Tommy, and me (Nikki) along so that we could meet Rosy's doctor and nurses. She was alittle nervous about how Tommy would act, but little did she know that he wouldn't be her main problem. :-)
Anyone who knows our family really well, would know that we love popcorn! Before leaving for the hospital, we were trying to make homemade popcorn and burnt it very bad...
Arriving in the waiting room, Mom went up to the sign-in desk and explained why she was there. The lady asked for Rosy's doctor's name. Mom gave a name, but the lady behind the desk looked at her very blankly. "Are you sure that you are at the right hospital? We don't have a doctor by that name here." Suddenly I realized that Mom had said the wrong name! Embarrassed, Mom corrected herself and the lady behind the desk directed us to where we were suppose to be. After signing in, and sitting in the waiting room for alittle while, Livy asked Mom if she thought that it smelled a little funny in the waiting room. Mom answered, "Yeah, I think that it smells like burnt popcorn!" We all looked at each other then, as we realized that we had brought that smell in with us! After a few more minutes, we were called back to a small room which children usually stay in before leaving for surgery. While walking through the halls, we saw many people saying good-bye to their children before they were wheeled away by nurses to the opperating room. I was so thankful that Rosy's surgery had turned out okay and couldn't imagine having to see your child leave you like that.
Anyway, on arriving in the small room (which also seemed to smell like burnt popcorn :-) that had a roll away bed and a few chairs in it, we all made ourselves at home. After sitting there for about 5 minutes, Tommy began to get a little bored and started jumping around. Mom asked me to turn the TV on before he could break something. I picked up the remote and began clicking different buttons, but finally gave up. I clicked one more big buton before giving up. Suddenly, a loud voice came over the speaker in our room and said, "What can I help you with? Is something wrong?" Horrified, I look at mom who looked around at us kids asking who had pushed the "big" button. Ooops! I felt terrible!!! Shyly, I answered that I did and Mom explained to the nurse on the speaker that it had been pushed by accident. Mom (and I) couldn't believe that I had caused the trouble. Tommy was as good as gold for the rest of the time, but I on the other hand had to go to the bathroom multiple times and interupted the doctor while he was pulling the drains out by returning to the room. As much as I love hospitals, I was ready to get home!
Anyway, I hope that this brought a smile to your day.
God Bless - Nikki
No comments:
Post a Comment