Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Night Adventures

As I mentioned before, the girls' room is under renovation, so we have been sleeping in the boy's room. I did sleep really well last night for the first time in a week, but do remember waking up in the night and hearing Ricky yelling. Didn't really think that much about it, though, b/c I was half asleep at the time. This morning, I was awake when Ricky woke up and the first thing that he said was, "That cat was so gross last night." I wasn't sure if he was completely awake, but thinking back, I did remember something being said about a cat when I awoke to screaming in the night. So, I asked him what he meant. He said that at about 2:30, he woke up to something soft and fuzzy against his face. Before this, he has always made it very clear to Tommy that no teddy bears or stuffed animals were allowed in the same bed as Ricky, so at first he was just angry at Tommy. But, when he tried to pull it away from his face, it was heavy! Suddenly, he realized that this was no teddy bear!
For those of you who don't know Ricky that well, he hates cats and we have no indoor cats. We never thought that our cat might figure out how to pull the blanket away that is nailed to the girl's door upstairs to keep the cold air out. But, after taking a closer look at this cat, we noticed that this WASN'T our cat! This was our neighbor's inside cat that had been hanging out with our cat, Patches, who had been taught never to come inside! I couldn't believe that I had slept through it, but I did have a big day yesterday, (scroll down and read the last post).
We came down to talk to Mom about it and she told us that the cat had woke Rosy up also an hour before. (1:30) She had brought it down to Mom and they had taken it outside. Mom also said that the cat had then been jumping around up-stairs and that it kept her up for a while. So, we're not exactly sure what to do. We don't want to go through this every night, and Ricky has all kinds of ideas, but this isn't really our cat! :-) Our neighbors are planning on moving, but I doubt that the cat will go with them. Yet, if they did want it, we would feel bad if Ricky had done "something" to it. :-) It was quite the night!



Quick up-date on the house - the plumber guys are here!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep those cats out of the house...

What all did the plumbers do today?

Love, Dad