Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Bells

Ring Christmas bells! Ring them loud, with the message bring peace on the earth, tidings of good cheer! Come carolers, come and join with the angels bringing joy to the world! Christmas time is here again!
Friday night, Ricky and I went to a friend's birthday party. We had a great time, but our favorite part was the "Christmas Carol Scavenger Hunt!" Before we headed to a near by neighborhood, we divided into two teams, and each team was handed a list of items. So, we walked from door-to-door on opposite sides of the road, caroling. After we would sing a song, we would ask them if they had anything on the list (it was mostly paper products and small stuff such as toothpicks, cotton swaps, pens, expired coupons, dog treats, etc...) Although we could only get up to three items at each house. Then everyone on the team that gathered the most, got a candy bar. I had a great time even though I wasn't on the winning team. (If you are wondering, the score was 28 and 53) :-D
Happy birthday, K!

-Not much to say about this, it was just cute how their cat was playing in the gifts -
Then Saturday night, we had a fundraiser at a local Chick-fil-a with our choir. We had to work (cleaning tables, pouring re-fills, opening doors, greeting people, singing, and throwing out TONS of food!) to get money, so it was kind of tiring, but it was fun to be doing it with friends.

Here is our "quartet". They sang alot, but since there was two basses and two tenors, it sounded good. :o)

Hard at work... :-D

And our beautiful family came to support us! (btw - us is Ricky and Nikki).

We did this same fundraiser last year and I remember thinking how sad it was that we (Americans) throw out so much food! This year I didn't work the tables as much, since I was mainly greeting people and telling them about our choir, homeschooling and stuff, but from what I did see, there was still alot of food being thrown out.


Mom, our director Mrs. Karen, and A running the choir table.


A did a lovely job playing the violin when we weren't singing... I would love to be able to play the violin... someday...


So, it was a very busy Christmas weekend, but lots of good memories were made. Christmas is almost here!

No comments: