Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!


May you feel God's nearness, joy, peace and love this Christmas! I believe the message the picture above holds is worth much more than a thousand words! (I hope that the Alexander's don't mind that I stole it from them :o) Our prayer is that we will also be like the shepherds; not only at Christmas time, but throughout the whole year! We read in Luke 2 verses 17 to 20 -
"And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the sheperds. But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. And the sheperds returned, glorifing and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them."
Why is it that we don't always "know" a "christian" when we see one? If only we were a living example of God by glorifing and praising Him for all the things that He has shown and told us... So that, "...the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence." (John 14:31)

No comments: