Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Caroling

Every year, for as long as I can remember, our church has went caroling to local nursing homes in about the middle of December. We always go back to church afterwards for a soup dinner and lots of fellowship! Today was that long awaited day and I think that it went very well and we made some good memories!!! I promised that I would post these pictures for some of the people that were there -

Aw, cousins are so cool!

Tommy's sunday school class showing off their "Christmas presents"

~Love you, R~

Doesn't she look beautiful? M got contacts recently and I think that she looks very good! (Not that she didn't before - I guess that she just looks older.)

Me and one of my many beautiful friends! I love you, C!!!


We walked through four different levels at one of the nursing homes, and just stood in the lobby at the second one. I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed as we walked through the Alzheimer's level at the first nursing home. These people all seemed so lost, and like they didn't belong where they were. We always glance in the rooms as we go past making sure that no one is "left out", and I noticed little things like a baby doll or child toys, and couldn't help but feel sorry that these people were so confused. We take for granted our health so much---When was the last time that I thanked God for my health and the health of my family?

Fun times


I don't know if you all know but these two girls are very special! All three of us girls were born many miles away from were we all live now, and all of our parents felt God leading them to move here. I moved here close to 12 years ago, L moved close to five years ago (I think, wow! Seems like ages ago!) and M moved here about a year and a half ago (And I am so glad she did~) Before they moved, I was the only girl my age in church, and I so enjoy them being around to laugh and giggle with on Sunday! Love you both! :-D



We were running out of poses :-D

No comments: