I was tagged in a cute little survey in blog world. :) Thank you, sweet Ally!
I am going to tag anyone who reads my blog and thinks this looks fun! Please do leave me a comment though, if you do ~ I would love to read it!
Six names that you go by:
(A) Nikki - actually, this is not my real name...but a version of my middle name. :)
(B) Lesi Lu is my daddy's endearing name for me and frankly, I absolutely love it!
(C) The Schnozz ...this is my brother's nickname for me. It was ordained after I had a horrible 3 week cold, during which my nose was running non-stop. Of course, my brother thought it was quite funny that I couldn't go anywhere without a tissue glued to my face. :]
(D) Mrs Cordelia was given to me after quoting Anne of Green Gables by a very sweet friend~
Three things that you are wearing right now:
(A) My warm socks ~
(B) HIS Ranch T-shirt….We went to HIS Ranch last year, and it was such a wonderful experience!
(C) A pink headband.
Three things that you want very badly right now:
(A) In November, I was given the opportunity to see the movie The Mysterious Islands…and ever since I have watched that movie, I have had a burning desire to become a sea-life/underwater photographer!! I want very badly to have an opportunity to travel somewhere exotic and experience meeting animals that are unafraid of you, because they have never before seen humans!
(B) And, if I’m going to become an exotic photographer, I would really like a nice camera. ;0) I presently just have a FUJIFILM Finepix z20…. But I want very badly to get a Canon D1. ;)
(C) In reality, I want very badly a Canon Rebel….but I need to get a job before that can happen, so I guess that I want a job very badly! (Is that correct grammar? “Very badly.” Hmmm…)
Three things that you did yesterday:
(A) Yesterday, I did a study on slavery & abortion…It was very
challenging and stunning to see the many similarities. There are so many elements that I had overlooked….like that there were people not “doing something” to end slavery, much like many people today who believe abortion is wrong, but never do anything about it.
(B) I went to the orthodontics! Hehe, somehow it’s more fun to go after your braces have been removed. ;D
(C) My mom does an awesome job keeping on top of her scrapbooking…but since I’m the family member who takes most of the pictures, she likes me to be the one to order the prints. Unlike my awesome mom, I am very behind. So last night, I started loading pictures onto the program we use to order them. I got a little carried away and began an upload for over 100 pictures at once…and it took about 3 hours to up-load. I had gotten a late start, so it was very late by this time, which was a huge mistake. As the last picture was up-loading, our “no internet access after this time” setting kicked-in and so I lost all of those pictures. Another lesson in procrastination… :0)
Two things that you did today:
(A) Re-tried to up-load the pictures…and failed once again. Hmm, maybe it’s time for a new program?
(B) School…I have this wonderful workspace in the girl-hangout section of our house. I love being up there…away from everything else, and close to the sky. Clouds are beautiful ~
Two things that you ate today:
(A) Chocolate covered peanut butter balls. One of my favorite holiday snacks.
(B) Waffles covered in whipped cream and strawberries – my sweet sister’s specialty. :]
Two things that you are going to do today/tomorrow:
(A) Try to re-up-load those pictures. I’m taking it in smaller sections this time, and if it still doesn’t work, I am switching programs. :0)
(B) Catch up on school! With last week being our homeschool choir program, I haven’t had much time for school….so time to buckle down.
Your three favorite beverages:
(A) Ice Coffee. My sister, Livy, makes the absolute best! Unlike me – I always seem to get the ingredients wrong…i.e. forget the difference between table and teaspoons. :D
(B) Peach Tea. In October, while at the beach I completely fell in love with this tea. I would sit in my beach clothes and gulp down ice cold peach tea. It was wonderful! :]
(C) Mountain Dew. I was never a fan of this beverage until I met someone who convinced me to try it. I hated it until the friend who made me try it, died this past summer. I think I mentioned this right after it happened, but haven’t said a whole lot about it since.
It has been both the most painful and faith-strengthening experience of my life. Wyatt, my friend who is presently with Almighty God, was a very unique person. People like me, who weren’t extremely close to him, always had a great time when he was around. He was a good friend to all his friends. And He loved Jesus.
In the summer of 2008, I attended a music camp in Orlando with my parents, brother, & our choir. Wyatt was a member of this choir, and while we had known each other for close to 6 years, we weren’t really that close.
Before this week, I had very little confidence, and Satan was using that in my life to hold me back. All the time, I would be about to do something that actually meant something, & I would tell myself, “There is no way you can do that! You’re so much smaller than everyone else involved!”
During this week, those chains were broken. My eyes were open to see how the Lord doesn’t care how tall you are, or how many times you have literally fallen on your face. He will met you where you are, and carry you from there! I realized that if God can move mountains, He can take little ole’ me and do something with my life. I had so many wonderful conversations with wonderful people that week!
I also learned to laugh at myself, considering I was teased very much during that week in Florida. But it always seemed that Wyatt was laughing when I was getting teased, (that is, if he wasn't the one teasing me ;D) and so I laughed along. Of course, laughing feels a whole lot better than bottling up hurt-feelings. ;)
One year later, I returned to that same camp, although Wyatt (and his best friend, Cameron, who I was also good friends with,) were unable to go. Little did I know that this week would also change my life.
While in Florida, we received word that Wyatt had been killed in a tragic accident. I had no idea what God was doing. I still cannot say that I understand why. But I know God does. And through this journey, He is taught me that sometimes, all I can do is trust Him. And live believing that He has me taken care of.
God is good. He gave me the opportunity to visit my awesome friend who lives 4 hours from me, 2 weeks after Wyatt moved to paradise. I really did need to get away from all the grief and actually do something care-free and normal. To this day, I don’t think she knows how much that meant to me. I was able to cry my eyes out for Wyatt’s family, rejoice in the life that I still have to live, and then come home with a fresh start.
As we have returned to normal life, it has been heart-breaking on everyone who knew Wyatt. Most more than I will ever imagine.
It is easy to question God’s reason for taking a 14 year old boy from his family, his friends, and his world. But, it gives me this thrilling feeling to think about what Wyatt now fills his days doing. HE IS WITH GOD!!! He talks to HIM everyday! Thinking about that makes me want to worship God more. It is so exciting to know that this isn’t the end….heaven means forever!! Forever is such an exciting word ~
I want to thank those of you who have walked this journey with me, and all those who knew Wyatt. Whether by prayer, a quick hug, or a long talk…please don’t stop! On Christmas day, we will reach the 6 month mark, exactly. There still remains a hole Wyatt left. But, I have purposed in my heart to remember there is a bigger hole for me in heaven. And I just can’t wait to get up there! Until then, I will praise God for every moment I have on earth.
I guess this “cute little survey” got kind of deep. :] I’ve been meaning to do a post about Wyatt anyway…Thanks again for your prayers. The power of prayer is amazing! There are so many stories I could tell about the journey I have been on over the last 6 months...but it will have to be another day, another time. I have school tomorrow, so I need some sleep.
Love, In Jesus ~
-n
4 comments:
Hi "Nikki",
WOW! Great post, yes I knew Wyatt briefly. I was in an acting class last year with him. I know everybody misses him.
~Katie
I've given you an award. drop by my blog to see it!
--allison
Wow. I've always thought of you as very grown up, but you are growing up even more. It's amazing. You aer a wonderful person to know. Love you! ~The Frisbee Girl
Hehe...I'm honored to have been mentioned. ;) And I love how you termed Wyatt's going..."moved to paradise".
I love you, MC. Stay strong.
~Mazing (FYI, this is her nickname for me...just for clarification ;))
Post a Comment