Thursday, December 10, 2009

My favorite things...

- Top left: Christmas cards!! One of our family's favorite holiday events is the number of Christmas picture cards we get every year. It has become a wonderful way to keep in touch with family & friends...we just sent ours out as well. Mom has scrapbooked all the Christmas cards we have gotten over the years. It is sooo much fun to watch families grow! :)

- Center top: Chocolate covered pretzels! We love 'em...almost as much as popcorn. ;D

- Center right: Ricky got his driver's license! Our parents also bought a truck a while back (to read about it on Livy's blog, click here!).

- Middle right: The mud puddles are huge once again around here. We keep hoping for snow. :) [yes, northern people, we truly want snow. :D]

- Lower right: Frosted sugar cookies! This year, we tried a new attempt at them...blue & white frosting with crystal sprinkles. Livy & Mom are the only members of our family with a steady hand, and they did a very good job ~ they are delicious!

- Center bottom: One thing I have loved about the recent holidays is all the time we have spent baking. I don't remember ever enjoying it this much!! Since our kitchen was about 6 by 8 feet before we remodeled, there was only ever room for 1 or 2 of us to work... I almost started crying as we baked holiday treats this past Saturday -- Livy and Rosy were covering pretzels in chocolate, Mom was making buckeyes, and I was making chocolate chip cookies. We each had our own work space, but could enjoy each other's company at the same time!! It was so special. ~

- Middle left: Yesterday, Ricky took Livy & I to choir. It was the first time we have ever gone anywhere without a parent along. :) Every time we saw a police, Livy totally freaked out. Haha, it just didn't seem like we were legal. :P It was so much fun to have some "oldest 3 kids" quality time...and I think Mom enjoyed having an extra afternoon @ home as well. :)

- Left bottom: Speaking of choir, this is the "big choir week." We have performed at a nursing home and a home for medically fragile children so far. We also had music rehearsal yesterday. We have our long dress rehearsal tomorrow, & then our largest production is Saturday...If you live in the area -- we would love to see you there!!

So...those are some of my favorite events at this moment. :) December is such a beautiful month -- it is so different than all the others....the atmosphere, the treats, the music... :)

--n ~

5 comments:

Sandra said...

I can only imagine how the kitchen you have now can add to the fun of baking!!! And I can only imagine how excited your mom is to have another adult that can drive in your house to take you girls to all your activities:)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nikki!

We are still trying to figure out our schedule for Saturday, but we were wondering what time the choir production is, where it is, and how long it is. Hopefully we'll get to come see it. :)

The Frisbee People ;)

The Waldbeser Family said...

The choir performance is @ 3:00...it is about and hour & a half. (it is the same place it was last time [newnan] -- i would give the address, but i don't want it on here. :D)

We would LOVE to see you all there!!! (Let me know if you would like the address and I will send it to you via email.)

~n

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Nikki. We knew where that was, so we had no problem finding it. I just wanted to make sure they hadn't moved or anything because I knew they had moved the practice location. Sorry I didn't get to say hi to you. We had something at our church that we had to go to. But you guys were wonderful! I really enjoyed it. You all did a grat job!

~The Frisbee Girl :)

Allison said...

That's such a PRETTY collage nikki!
--Allison