Sunday, January 31, 2010

2 Sweet Tea's :)

Over the past few days, we had the pleasure of attending two absolutely delightful teas. One we organized with some friends and the other we just relaxed and attended. :)

About 5 years ago, a lady in our homeschool group decided she could no longer organize our annual (local) homeschool mother winter "refreshment" tea. Since then, it hasn't existed. Last fall, we and some friends decided to bring it back. :) So, we had it last Thursday...(Over 50 ladies attended!!) Our prayer was that this tea would be an encouragement to homeschool mothers during this "down-time" in the year - when summer seems so far away and there is SO much to do...and kids are feeling unfocused. (Of course, not speaking from experience here. :P) We were extremely blessed to have Jeannie Fulbright as a speaker at our tea!! She spoke on the power of developing a powerful prayer life...I wasn't expecting it to speak to me as much as it did, which was absolutely wonderful. :)

Of course, in order to make an event like this possible, it takes lots of help. We were so excited to have some very sweet young ladies helping us serve tables & make the evening relaxing for the mothers. They included Brittany, Allison, Livy, Kaitlyn, Katelyn, Tabitha & Cassidy and Abby.
Cassidy and Allison are daughters in the family that we organized it with. It was such a wonderful experience working with them, and we hope to have many more such experiences. :D




----------------------



Then on Saturday, we attended a 2 day Mother/Daughter event hosted by the Southeastern Christian Home Discipleship Families of which our friends, Joanna & Sarah are members. :) It was wonderfully done, with awesome food, inspirational speakers and sweet friends!


The speakers were Stacy & Tiffany McDonald, and were very encouraging...Tiffany is engaged to be married, so I definitely enjoyed hearing her love story. :)

Our sweet friends, Sarah & Rachel Joseph also attended, and it was wonderful to spend time with them. We shared some fun stories (hehe!), laughed together and encouraged each other... We were so blessed to get to know them more!


We were also very pleasantly surprised and thrilled to realized that Mia, a friend who has attended our church a few times & has a inspiring blog which is SO beautiful, was also attending!!


We enjoyed both teas very much, although feel as if we have had alot of tea lately. :]


It was such a fun girl weekend ~


Blessings on everyone's week, nikki


P.S. I don't think that I have ever "linked" so many blogs in one post before!! How fun to get to see so many young women with blogs in person...all so close together! :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

That winter tea was AWESOME! I hope y'all had an enjoyable time at the mother daughter tea as well!
Love,
Allison

Renae said...

Hey! I loved the winter tea! Hope that the Mother daughter tea went well!

Frisbee Girl said...

Hey, Nikki!

I just got a blogger, but I can't figure much of it out. :) I just have one question - how do you get the list of the blogs you've subscribed to on the side of your blog? I can't figure it out for the life of me. Help? :)

Glad the other tea went well. Looks like you guys had a really good turnout. :)

Hopefully I'll see you soon!

~Frisbee Girl