Sunday, January 11, 2009

6 long months

It is hard to believe that we have only been remodeling for 6 months! I can barely remember what it was like to not be remodeling. It has defiantly been both good and bad. I guess that it is about time for an up-date. We are one inspection away from dry-wall. All of the walls are up and there is wires everywhere! Pictures are about the only way to describe it, so...



We took this living room wall out a while back and now it looks like this (below) -

If you are wondering this is still going to be our living room, although it will now be open to the dining room (which is where our old kitchen was/still is) and kitchen (just beyond the old kitchen).

Here is our present/old kitchen - We are so thankful that we have as much of it as we do! It won't be long till we have our new beautiful cabinets, sink, stove and over twice as much room!



From his grandparents for Christmas, Tommy got a tool box with "real" toys in it, so he has been very busy "helping" out around the house.



We(ur, I mean the boys) took out the doorway at the top of the steps. It now looks more open.



We have had tons of inspections lately. This is our contractor talking through a "hole" in our future kitchen to the inspector below. It was pretty funny.



Then lastly, they have been working on our porch.



We love running out there on those fresh new boards. This picture is really bad quality - I think that it was storming, sorry!



And here is where our back porch is going to be. They are hopefully going to start working more on this soon!


So, basically, they have been working alot on the little things that we don't really think about yet couldn't live without - heating and air, wiring, pluming, insulation, etc. There is quite a bit of stuff just laying around...

I think that we are nearing the home stretch, but we still have lots to do. Drywall, mudding and sanding are next... We are going to have to move out for awhile cause they don't want to run the heat with all the drywall(& stuff) dust. It will be interesting! This week has been crazy with just random stuff, and I'm beginning to wonder if it will be nice just to get away from all the hectic house stuff for a few days... I'm just not good with leaving what I am used to. The other night, I was outside and I really looked at the sky for the first time in a long time. It was beautiful!!! I had to snap a quick picture. It just reminded me about who is in control through everything.

No comments: