Sunday, January 4, 2009

~Do Hard Things~

Recently, our family read a book entitled, Do Hard Things written by Alex and Brett Harris. (Younger brothers of Joshua Harris who wrote the book entitled, I Kissed Dating Good-bye also a great book that the older members of our family have read). Anyway, this book carries an amazing theme - rebelling against rebellion. So rare in this day and age, are teenagers excepted to do anything that amonts to much, yet after reading this book, my eyes were rubbed open and I realized that there are so many things that I could and should be doing! Do Hard Things encourages us to make the most of our teen years, or really just our life in general. (I don't want to spoil the book, but instead just want you to read it and be encouraged yourself). And it doesn't just stop with the book, Alex and Brett started a blog, which now is the web-site, The Rebelution.

If you read on their blog-part of the web-site, you will hear about so many amazing things! One of there featured stories right now, is about a Film Festival, which some good friends of ours are actually attending this week. I wanted to go to, but we can't do everything. :-D There are so many convicting and amazing things "normal" teenagers are doing, and they share their stories of faith and adventure. So now, I just need to start working on my adventure....

No comments: