Saturday, September 12, 2009

Twinkling 12

1. to shine with a flickering gleam of light, as a star or distant light.


2. to sparkle in the light:

3. (of the eyes) to be bright with amusement, pleasure, etc.
-------------------------------------****---------------------------------------


One of the most beautiful young woman God ever created turned 12 this week! My sister, "Livy," is truly a beacon, example, and servant to her Lord Jesus Christ.


I was trying to figure out a way to honor her other than the normal, "happy birthday!! I love you!" So...I'm just gonna talk about how she twinkles. :) Idk - just seemed fitting for a birthday.

So the above definitions are from the dictionary....and this is Livy's version. :)

1. It has always been convicting for me to watch Livy's strong servant heart. She is always the first to notice when someone is left out of an activity, is friendless, or has been hurt. She reaches out on her own, encouraging and making friends with the "unfriendly" or "left-out." During our evening devotions, she often grabs some lotion and massages her family member's feet. She is like a star -- easily forgotten, yet never wavering more than a flicker. She shines in her own small, yet significant ways... Which are (like the stars that seem small to us, but are really HUGE) beautiful and precious in the eyes of God.

2. Livy doesn't need darkness for her light shine. She hates evil. She shines in the light!! She sticks out of a group of people because of her love for light. And her reflection of that light! She sparkles. :)

3. Anyone who knows Livy, knows she is never one to miss out on fun. She is often the life of the party...and her eyes twinkle with delight when surrounded by people she loves! She fills our house with laughter -- sometimes without trying to be funny. :D





I love you sister!!! Never stop twinkling for your Creator. Continue to strive to become more like Him. Always treasure the things God has blessed you with, and fall in love with Him daily. Remember, your smile, laughter and the twinkle in your eye come from Him -- give them back to Him! Stay in His word, and make sure your heart always rest in His hands.

Your sister now and for eternity --

Nikki <3

2 comments:

Sheree Olivia said...

Thank you so much, Nikki!!! You are an amazing sister!!! I know it will probably sound funny but, as I was reading this I almost started to cry!!! Thank you for the encouragement!!! I like how you said, "She fills our house with laughter, sometimes without trying to be funny!!!" It's so true!!! :-)I love you, sis!!! Thanks again!!!
Your sis,
S. Olivia

a.rose said...

I love you livy