Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Update on the house --

I'm so very sorry I haven't gotten the "tour of the house" done...I started working on it and then realized that we only have a few more steps left until we will be a remarkably amount more finished looking... :) And then I would only do one final - "after" post.

That being said....we are working on finishing our school room. It is pretty much the only room in the house not done. Our contractor put up these pillars and is presently - about 10 feet away from where I type - screwing the floor down. We would love to get carpeting in this room soon (it's the only one still without)...

Below is a picture of the pillars and for those of you that have been in our house before, remember that big bay window in our old dining room? If you look below the couch, you see where the old kitchen floor stops and the plywood begins. Yes, as hard as it is to believe, that is where that huge window was! And then upstairs in the hallway, our last thing to be done (besides decorating :D) was these built - in bookselves. We're hopeing to paint them white to match the woodwork...

And our contracter also made this built in linen closet for the girl's bathroom.

So...that's what we've been up too with the house. Almost done. :)