I have a challenge. For myself & anyone else who has ever failed at "getting a ton done" over the summer. :) It is:
- Every week, starting the first week of May & ending the first week of September, I would like to complete one "summertime" project. It might be anything from cooking a special dinner, reading a book, completing a sewing project, reaching milestone in the garden, or doing some home decorating! (Since we have finished remodeling, I have done very little of the decorating that needs done b/c I keep putting it off till "this summer.")
- I hope to work on the project during the week and then post about it on Friday or Saturday....Let me know if you would like to do it as well ~ I would love to encourage you!
- If done every week between now & September, 20 projects will be completed!
- If you do decide to do it as well; Try to post about it every Friday or Saturday. If it is a "hands-on" project: include pictures! If it is a recipe: share it! If it is a book: share your thoughts on it & whether or not you would recommended it!
It is my desire that this summer, my blog will be used to encourage both myself & others to give their "extra" time to purposes which glorify God! I look very forward to seeing your projects and how my ideas turn out! :)
"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.....but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God." Ephesians 5: 15 - 21
-nikki
6 comments:
OK!!!! I'll do it!!!
I'll try to complete it!!! (Big thing... :)
Love you guys!
--Allison
That is a very good idea. A good way to set goals and get them done. I might try it. I don't know just how many other projects I'll be able to accomplish since I'm doing chemistry over the summer. But it wouldn't hurt to try, and if nothing else, I can post about chemistry, right? :) Can't wait to see what all you are able to accomplish this summer. :)
Love,
Frisbee Girl
Hey Nikki,
I LOVE that idea. Yes, I do think that I should be productive this summer even if it means doing something as little as reading a book. I'm SO in!! Let me know what you are currently doing now so I can encourage you too!
Great idea!
See you Tuesday!
Love Always, Katie
That is a wonderful idea! I will be trying it starting....now! Ha Ha. I am going to try to get a A on my next science test. I do a really hard science! It is practilly a grade ahead. :)
Love,
Zoe Luna
Does it count if you're making a movie and it's going to take you all the way till June 30 to finish? :) That's the project I have now, and, unfortunately, it's not a 1 week thing. Oh well, I guess it's all for the same purpose... To give God glory!
~Frisbeeman
Ya, I did it! I got an A on my science test! Wahooooooooooooo! Thanks a bunch!
Post a Comment