We stood in line to tour the places which are still actively used by government officials. Stately pillars, expensive carpets, marble statues, and elaborate security lines opened our observation of the status of reference and respect that American government purposefully pursues.
Eventually, our time in the New England states was over and our van's wheels turned southwest. The memory card of my camera contained our smiling faces at the locations of our nation's founding. The accessibility of our government and the opportunity to take a stand and make a difference pressed on my heart. Remembering the example of Paul Revere's participation in the Revolution and George Washington's willingness to suffer hardship inspired me to be faithful in the things God has given me to do. Our visit to America's east coast historical monuments helped me cultivate a deeper appreciation for the nation of which I am a citizen.
19. I am so thankful for Teenpact Leadership Schools and all that it has taught me about government! (http://teenpact.com/) Oh, I can not describe the fondness that rests in my heart for this ministry! It is wonderful!! Teenpact empowered me to care about my government & to be excited about the governmental opportunities given to us as young people. The community of Teenpact students inspired me and uplifted me so much! Through Teenpact, I grew so much in my understanding of what it means to genuinely walk with Jesus Christ through pursuing faith, unity, authentic love for others, purity, purposefulness, and vision.
Photos from staffing the Teenpact Georgia III class this past spring ~



