(Day two of the November Joy Dare!)
4. This morning, my work uniform was worn. :) I am thankful for my uniform: is so practical, so fitting for my job! My favorite part of my uniform is my little blue apron. It holds my gloves, my pen, my notes, the walkie-talkie, the pager, the keys. I am thankful that I always know "what to wear" when I go to work. :) Since July, I have been working as a caregiver at a home for the elderly, one or two days a week. I am learning to be thankful for this job, for this season of my life. It has been hard! On the days that I work, my heart is sad to be away from my family, yet God is faithfully reminding me of the joy in showing His love to others. Like many places (any place, really!), my job is the perfect place to show His Love.
5. I am thankful for the soft gray fur coat worn by the new kitten! CAT-rina (Katrina) came to live at our house today! We sat by the bonfire tonight & took turns holding her & she fell asleep in our arms. She was a sweet surprise for our littlest sister ~
6. I am thankful for flip flops worn in November! Sitting by the bonfire tonight, sipping hot chocolate, wearing flip flops ~ I am so thankful for the weather here. While I love to travel to other places & I look forward to seeing the places the Lord leads me in the future, I am thankful to be living where I am!
8. The gloves worn by my Dad as he stirs the bonfire & adds wood logs to the fire. The gloves show worn marks - are not the best work gloves the ones which show the traces of work?! I love to look at the gloves and see the evidence of all that they have done.
~~